The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Clinical Services
Unit: Clinical Services
- The incumbent will provide the organizational oversight for collaborative health systems intervention design to strengthen the various stratum of health governance & technical support platforms.
- Reporting to the reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder will provide leadership to the clinical services team in the design and implementation of culturally competent and sustainable service delivery model through strategic program integration and home-grown solutions to identified challenges.
- The DCS will also oversee the direct reports to ensure appropriate, thorough implementation plans and implementation of activities (communication, training & development, systems upgrade or modifications, new or enhanced reporting tools and mechanisms, job aids, updates to existing project guidelines, etc.)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Medicine and post-graduate Master’s degree in Public Health.
- In addition, the post holder must possess 10 years’ experience of running/implementing public health programs in relation to reproductive health and HIV/AIDS preferably in the NGO context.
- Good understanding of at least three of the organization’s sectorial programs and a working knowledge of the health and HIV program priorities.
- Substantial managerial experience with knowledge of financial /budgetary control and securing and managing grants (e.g., USAID, CDC/PEPFAR and other grant funders)
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.