We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Development Officer
Unit: Strategic Information Management
- The incumbent will design and implementation of robust, scalable and efficient database systems.
- S/he will implement a Database development cycle, including systems analysis, functional scoping, technical specifications and design and testing.
- S/he will support full Enterprise Resource and Planning Implementation (ERP) and SharePoint for data collaboration across all organizational grants and lead the augmentation of existing database resources.
- The job holder will work with IT team for configuration of hardware/software to perform installations, testing, upgrades, as well as work with IT team in optimization of data storage, capacity planning and database growth; provide support to Human Resource and Finance Units, in selecting and developing database systems to support the overall operations of the organization.
- S/he will develop frameworks for database and source codes management version controls and procedures testing.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- HND or University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Tech, Computer Engineering, Information System or related field.
- At least 5 year’s post qualification development experience with SQL Server with proven.
- Experience of all aspects of the development life cycle on enterprise scale systems or similar jobs.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2005, 2008 and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in the development and maintenance of large data warehouses with DBA activities including backups, data sizing and hardware requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to understand complex problems and to generate appropriate technical solutions.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.