The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Services Officer (PMTCT)
Unit: Clinical Services
- The incumbent provides technical support in developing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating activities, strategies and policies around HIV prevention with particular focus on integrating PMTCT into maternal and child health.
- A key responsibility will be developing key guidelines and standards to support the country teams and programs as they work with national ministries of health, local departments of health, NGOs and other implementing partners in the adaptation of local guidelines and policies for the implementation and scale up of services for the prevention of HIV.
- The job holder will also work with facility staff to ensure a continuum of care from prevention of transmission of infection to the provision of care and treatment for HIV-positive pregnant mothers and their HIV-exposed or infected infants and families.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Advanced Degree in Nursing/Midwifery, Medicine, or Public Health.
- At least 5 years’ clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment Experience in providing PMTCT services.
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment; knowledge of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS and PMTCT.
- Excellent knowledge of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS and PMTCT.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.