Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Head of Business Development
- The Business Development Manager will work as part of the business development team, within the Program Development and Quality unit to assist in proposal development, including coordinating proposal development processes and contributing to proposal writing and growth of the country office portfolio.
- This may include liaising closely with members of Save the Children International, with in-country donor representatives and other stakeholders (potential NGO partners) to identify donor opportunities, facilitating donor engagement, assisting in the development of fundraising strategies and coordinating proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities.
- S/He will write sections of proposals that speak to the overall capabilities, while coordinating the input of technical advisors and inputs from other units into proposals and budgets.
- The BDM is expected to keep closely informed about donors’ interests and strategies as well as the progress of all major awards.
Scope of Role
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Technical responsibility: Proposal writing, broad knowledge of Save the Children’s thematic areas (health, nutrition, education and livelihoods) and knowledge of cross cutting issues such as gender equality, advocacy and child protection.
- Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Contribute to a conducive and productive work environment in a way that promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation.
- Internal: the BDM will work with the BD team and staff across different departments and offices within Save the Children Nigeria country office, including Technical Advisors, monitoring and evaluation, operations, humanitarian team, staff from other departments, field offices and member offices.
- External: This role will liaise with donors, partners and other ONGOs working in the same thematic areas as Save the Children or with whom we may work in a consortium.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2 years in writing and/or developing proposals in response to solicitations from donors
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including knack for synthesizing large amounts of information into persuasive, clear language and graphics.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
- Good familiarity, networking and working relationships with relevant organizations.
- Strong organizational skills to work effectively and to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team, both following and supporting others.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and inspire others.
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
- Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online