The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biomedical Engineering Officer
Unit: Laboratory Services
- The incumbent will report to Director, Laboratory Services and provide oversight for the Equipment Management System across all molecular and clinical laboratories as well as Point of Care Testing points.
- Supervise state based biomedical equipment maintenance technicians, investigates medical equipment failure and conduct corrective and preventive maintenances.
- The jobholder will provide technical advice/recommendation on purchase, installation, functionality, optimization, retirement and disposal of equipment.
- Oversee the periodic scheduled maintenance of all lab equipment across all supported sites.
- Supervising all lab equipment installation and training facility scientists/technicians in use of new equipment, s/he will liaise with technicians and manufacturers to ensure the feasibility of a product in terms of design and economic viability and establish system for calibration of equipment and ancillary equipment in consonance with ISO 17025:2005.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Bachelor Degree or HND in Biomedical Engineering or Electrical electronic engineering.
- 5 years’ experience of running/implementing an equipment management system preferably in the NGO context.
- Experience in maintenance of molecular laboratory equipment is an added advantage. Knowledge of regulatory agency standard in particular ISO 17025:2005.
- Experience in ancillary equipment calibration including but not limited to pipettes, centrifuges, fridges & freezer and vortex mixer.
- Experience in the maintenance BD and Partec Cyflow CD4 analyzers, Biosafety Cabinets, COBAS chemistry analyzers, V250 and Sysmex Hematology.
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.