Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) is a Not-for-Profit Organization dedicated to increasing access to quality Healthcare and building local capacity in the health sector in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct local staff recruitment
- Conduct orientation for new employees
- Develop and implement a systematic/annual employee performance evaluation program
- Assist AF Nigeria managers in counseling underperforming staff
- Process terminations in accordance with AF exit policies
- Review, update and refine Axion HR policy manual and local annexes on a periodic basis
- Administer staff benefit programs such as Group Life & Medical Insurance and serve as resource person for staff benefit questions
- Support Finance on the monthly submission of staff time sheets and update required files to support payroll preparation
- Prepare transfer letters and visa letters as necessary
- Respond to employment verification requests
- Coordinate temporary employee staffing
- Manage employee database related to new hire, change of status & performance evaluation
- Develop employee training programs
- Identify HR issues and provide necessary support as required
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Must have a Degree in HR related field such as Business Administration or any Social Sciences
- At least 3 years experience as a HR Generalist
- Work experience with NGOs is an added advantage
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Self-driven with high sense of quality, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines
- Commitment to working effectively and resolving problems with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their cover letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the Position as the subject of your e-mail and header of your cover letter.
- Applications without a cover letter stating suitability will be rejected.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.