The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper – G4
Requisition No: 53362
- To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
- This job is found in WFP warehouses. Job holders report to the Warehouse Management Assistant/Associate or the designate.
- Job holders are exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and work with minimum supervision.
- They may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse staff.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Effectively receive commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Execute delivery plans as per Landside Transport Instruction (LTI) or loading order prepared by the Logistics Associate.
- Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Ensure monthly physical inventory is conducted and documentation is sent for inclusion in WFP corporate systems.
- Implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
- Supervise laborer’s work as per work order and check/certify laborer’s payrolls.
4Ps Core Organizational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Supply Chain Management and Optimization:
- Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource Management:
- Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & Reporting:
- Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution:
- Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
Warehouse and Inventory Management:
- Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination:
- Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
Stardard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Logistics, Warehouse management or general administrative activities is desirable.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English
- MS Office: Good working knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel and Word
Desired Experience for entry into the Role
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residency/work permits for Nigeria are eligible to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted will be contacted at each stage. Canvassing of any form is strictly probibited. Candidates found to engage in canvassing will be disqualified.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online