The World Bank is supporting the Government of Nigeria and the Oyo State Government to prepare the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) that aims at developing a long term flood risk management frame work by initiating risk assessment, community awareness and providing enough flexibility in the project design to make changes based on learning.
In furtherance of the implementation of the lbadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP), applications are welcome from suitably qualified applicants to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Procurement Consultant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Project also supports capacity building for flood risk management in the city of Ibadan. It reinforces Oyo State Government’s early warning and response capabilities and leverages existing World Bank projects in Oyo State in support of the IUFMP.
- The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to “improve the capacity of Oyo State to manage flood risk and to respond effectively and promptly to lloodin5 in the city of Ibadan. Specifically, the Bank’s support will finance sonic priority investments related to improving the infrastructure of lbadan City, especially those destroyed by August 26, 2011 floods.
- The Banks support will help Ibadan reduce flood risks, improve waste collection and treatment, while developing and improving the quality of existing in infrastructural assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant is expected to participate in procurement of goods. works and selection of consultants under the Project which shall be earned out in accordance with the World Bank’s “Procurement Guidelines; Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credit” dated May 2004 and revised in October 2006; “Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 edition available at the World Bank website http://www.worldbank.org/html/opr/procure/bdocpage.html This would be in addition to the under listed:
- Support the Procurement Specialist in carting out all procurement activities according to the Project approved annual Procurement Ptan and in line with World Bank procurement procedures:
- Contributing to the development of TORs
- Preparation of Bidding tender documents
- Evaluate oilers and quotations
- Preparation of draft contracts
- Participation in contract finalization discussions
- In cooperation with the Procurement Specialist and under the supervision of the Project Coordinator prepare regular procurement reports for the World Bank;
- Actively participate and provide technical support in meetings that are aimed at reviewing the status of the project as regards procurement.
- Undertake any other additional task or responsibility as indicated in the Terms of Reference and those that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator for the achievement of the overall project objectives.
Qualifications/Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- First degree in one of the following areas: Economies; Engineering, Public Administration or Law
- Post Graduate degree in the above areas will be ten added advantage
- Trained on procurement in World Bank procurement guidelines and procedures
- A minimum of 5 years of hands on experience of directly handling/managing procurement activities under World Bank funded projects
- Previous experience in public procurement, business or public administration;
- Knowledge of international organizations/agencies and national public procurement regulations and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of English language, written and spoken;
- Computer proficiency (Windows, MS Office, Internet Explorer, MS Excel
- A team player, abilities to communicate, negotiate, analyse, elaborate and present reports and statements
- Being able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Duration of the Consultancy and Estimated Budget
The procurement Consultant will be engaged for the duration of 12 months with the possibility of renewal based on satisfactory performance and justified demand.
This shall include the professional fees and other reimbursable expenses. Payment shall be based on 12 months equal instalment duration of consultancy contact.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to include Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of credentials (Signed and Sealed) with valid email address and phone numbers which should be addressed and delivered to:
The Project Coordinator,
Project Implementation Unit,
Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project,
2nd Floor, Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs Building,
State Government Secretariat,
Agodi – Ibadan,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.