Azikel Group, is a conglomerate with subsidiary companies in business of Dredging, Petroleum, Aviation and Power generation.
Job Title: Helicopter Pilot
- Operating the Company’s Agusta Westland Grand AW109S
- Responsible for the planning, as well as safe execution of flights in accordance with the company’s Operations Manual.
- In addition to flying duties, undertakes management tasks and other administrative duties. V
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect parts/equipment and technical functions of the helicopter before flying.
- Check weather forecast and air pressure before flying.
- Possess good knowledge of directions and air routes.
- Make flying check-list and plans.
- Plan and adopt the safest route while flying.
- Monitor the technical processes, instrument panel, fuel consumption and weather condition during the course of flying.
- Brief passengers on the safety rules and precautions to be taken during emergency.
- Work in coordination with the ground staff and engineering.
- Keep a continuous contact with the ground staff and update on the current helicopter flying conditions like altitude, route and speed.
- Manage emergency situation with caution and safety.
- Evaluate the performance of the helicopter and take pre-emptive actions to ensure safe performance.
- Keep a check on the schedule of future assignments.
- Provide effective and accurate information during air traffic control programs, rescue programs, etc.
- Keep record and prepare report on the flight status.
- Operate and perform in accordance with the state and federal regulations and standards.
- Prepare monthly report on the total flights managed and performance of the same.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum eligibility criterion is a High School Diploma.
- Completion of flight training school or relevant training.
- Certification for helicopter operation and a minimum of second class medicals, along with pilots license.
- Current Single Pilot Instrument rating (IR) held for a minimum of three consecutive years.
- 2,500 hours total, with 500 hours on AW109S type and a good deal of SP operations experience.
- Should be experienced, proficient, diligent and smart.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the helicopter (AW109S) operations and functions.
- Highly trained pilot.
- Knowledge of navigation equipment and control.
- Good understanding of the safety practices and procedures and other aviation tools.
- Good understanding of aerial and spatial atmosphere.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work under stressful and emergency situation.
- Problem solving skills and initiative to think ahead and act proactively.
- Excellent eye and hand coordination. Posses a good physical health and eye-vision.
- Posses a keen eye to details and organizational skills.
- Posses a patient and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Conversant with all applicable NCAA regulations.
- Supporting the duties of the GP, his executives and occasionally VVIPs
- Providing the highest standard of helicopter service to Azikel Group members when required, and at short notice.
- High levels of attention to detail and time management skills for planning accurate flight plans and to operate consistently to the highest standard.
- Flexibility is essential as you’ll be required to undertake travel Nigeria and overnight as necessary.
- It is essential that you are able to work as a strong team member, as well as having the ability to function as an individual.
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one page personal profile and CV as a single word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the mail should be the Job Title.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.