Aggreko provides power generation and temperature control solutions to customers who need them either very quickly, or for a short length of time. Offering power rental across Africa, Aggreko has a dedicated team and fleet servicing the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanic (Nigeria_Lafarge)
Purpose of the Job
- Advanced diagnosis, major overhaul, warranty authorisation and recalibration of Aggreko power generation equipment
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- To carry out all maintenance as per work instruction on Aggreko generators as required
- To carry out advanced fault finding, major repairs and overhauls on mechanical equipment including DC control circuits.
- Root cause analysis and trend analysis in mechanical failures using data from a wide range of sources- paper and electronic for entire site.
- To carry out site operational risk assessments on manufacturing modifications (MO6, MO7).
- To complete and maintain paper and electronic records as per site specifics
- Analyse the Aggreko service mobility system data
- To mentor the Generator Technician Mechanical
- To carry out oil and fuel sample analysis
- Issuing non- AC electrical ‘permit to work’.
- Recalibration of Aggreko equipment during installation and demobilisation
- Installation and demobilisation of Aggreko equipment.
- To follow and comply with Aggreko QHSE standards
- Adherence to 5S
- Safety of self and others
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- Minimum of engineering diploma standard
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an mechanical engineering discipline
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Must successfully complete ALL assessments in compliance with Generation Specialist Mechanical requirements.
- The ability to use specialist tools and ensuring all tooling is calibrated in accordance with Aggreko standards and local legislation.
- Must be capable of working in a restricted space and at heights up to 2.5 metres
- Ability to work autonomously when required
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Leading others
- Drive for results
- Compelling communication
- Task completion
- Working together with others
- Promotes HSE within the work site
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online