Brunel Energy Nigeria – Our client, a leading supplier of turbomachinery to the Oil & Gas industry. They require 4 experienced Mechanical Engineers for an Installation & Commissioning project in Angola, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer – Centrigual Compressor
Vacancy number: PUB131564
hours per week: 72.0
Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- The successful applicants will work closely with Project Managers, EHS personnel, and the Operations Department to safely supervise and lead the installation and commissioning activities for MCL & BCL compressors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre-outage and installation planning;
- Possibly recommending and administering policies and procedures;
- Equipment start-up, diagnostic and troubleshooting;
- Combustion inspection;
- Major inspection;
- Unloading and Inspection of the major auxiliaries at the installation site;
- Ensure all gas piping and orifices are correctly installed for each piping system;
- Mark-up all piping drawings to show piping modifications;
- Install inlet and exhaust systems per vendor specifications;
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning of oil system, starting system, fuel gas system, air system;
- Advise on interpretation of vendor drawings for installation optimization;
- Check-out and initial operation of base mounted gas turbine starting means;
- Lock-out and Tag-out;
- Geometric dimensional check of foundation, equipment and auxiliaries skids positioning, levelling (ensure levelness and elevations of subsole plates and perform contact checks between subsole plates and package supports) and alignment;
- Verify the start-up sequence; provide assistance during the start-up phase, checking all functional parameters of compressor and equipment, in order to optimise performances and efficiency of turbine (whenever present) and to respect the minimum radial clearance between rotor and stator parts;
- Installation and assembling activities of compressor auxiliary equipment, such: as lube and/or seal oil console, seal gas system, air console, interconnection piping, oil cooler, anti-surge system, oil flushing and blowing, etc.);
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning of oil system, air system, seal gas system, anti-surge system;
- Work closely with E/I Specialist during the installation, calibration and set-up of compressor electrical instrumentation (such as vibration probes, temperature elements, I/P converters, etc.);
- Ideal candidates will have tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering and extensive experience with the installation and commissioning of centrifugal compressors;
- They should also have good references that verify a sound employment history and safe working record and must be in good health and be able to pass a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol screen.
What We Offer
- $250USD per day (NET)
- Also includes travel, work permits, accommodation and living expenses.
- Commencing in October, the roster will be for 30 days on, 30 days off – the project is likely to extend for 12+ months. Day rate expectations are at approximately $250USD per day (NET).
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online