Malaria Consortium has recently been awarded funding from Givewell Foundation to implement seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) in three countries, including Nigeria. The funds will support SMC implementation in selected LGAs in Jigawa and Katsina states as a follow on to previous SMC campaigns funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and DFID. Approved by WHO in 2012, SMC is the monthly administration of a combination sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine and amodiaquine (SP+AQ) to children aged 3-59 months during the malaria transmission season to prevent or reduce the effects malaria. Evidence suggests that SMC given monthly prevents approximately 75% of all malaria episodes.
We are currently looking to recruit candidates for the role below in the Givewell SMC project:
Job Title: State Coordinator
- The State Coordinator will be in-charge of implementation of the Givewell SMC project in the 4 LGAs in Katsina and 2 LGAs in the Jigawa states respectively.
- S/he will provide leadership, management support oversight and coordination to the state team in Jigawa/Katsina and will represent Malaria Consortium at SMC coordination meetings at the state levels
- Interested persons must have a postgraduate/ Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Management Policy, Epidemiology or any other relevant field.
- Candidates should also have at least 6-8 years’ working experience at both state and national levels.
- Experience in advocacy and policy influencing; monitoring & evaluation techniques as well as project planning, budgeting, management and established leadership/team leading skills are required for this role.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The appointment term will be for a renewable period of up to 24 months, with an initial 6 months’ probationary period.
Application Closing Date
10th July 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and a copy of their recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.