Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai (IBBUL) is a modern, outward-looking institution, committed to engaging with the major issues of our times. A leading multidisciplinary university, IBBUL today is a true academic powerhouse.
The Governing Council of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, hereby announces that the position of REGISTRAR, of the University will be vacant by 31st December, 2017.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar, who is the Chief Administrative and one of the Principal Officers of the University, shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University.
- By virtue of his/her office, he/she shall be the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelors degree in a related discipline not below 2nd Class Lower and a Masters degree from a recognized University.
- Candidates must have at least fifteen (15) years of University or cognate experience, twelve (12) of which shall be at post Master’s degree and must not be below the rank of a Deputy Registrar.
- Possession of relevant professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- Candidates must have appropriate Computer skills.
Condition of Service
- The appointment for the post of Registrar will be for a single term of five(5) years only.
- The remuneration and condition of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in Nigerian Public Universities and as may be determined by the Council and the Government from time to time.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty five (25) copies of their Application letter, Credentials and Curriculum Vitae with the following information:
- Full name – Surname first
- Marital status
- Number of Children, including the age of each child
- Date and place of birth, Local Government Area, State of Origin and Nationality
- Current postal address
- Educational qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic and Professional bodies/Associations
- Work experience, status and salary level
- Names and address of three referees one of whom must be the present employer
All Applications and Photocopies of relevant credentials must be attached under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post of Registrar”, IBB University, Lapai and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Ibralsim Badamasi Babangida University:
P.M.B. 11, KM 3, Minna Road,
Candidates are advised to request three of their referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover to the address stated above.
- Applicants are also required to submit 25 copies of not more than two pages statement of their vision for the Bursary Department of the University. Referees’ reports should be submitted before the closing date of the application.
- Candidate shall not be more than 60 years at the time of application.