Malaria Consortium has recently been awarded funding from Givewell Foundation to implement seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) in three countries, including Nigeria. The funds will support SMC implementation in selected LGAs in Jigawa and Katsina states as a follow on to previous SMC campaigns funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and DFID. Approved by WHO in 2012, SMC is the monthly administration of a combination sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine and amodiaquine (SP+AQ) to children aged 3-59 months during the malaria transmission season to prevent or reduce the effects malaria. Evidence suggests that SMC given monthly prevents approximately 75% of all malaria episodes.
We are currently looking to recruit candidates for the role below in the Givewell SMC project:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of the project.
- S/he will lead the project team on implementation of activities ensuring consistency with the overall project performance framework, and in line with Malaria Consortium’s core values.
- S/he will also be responsible for delivery and achievements of the project goal and objectives.
- Interested persons must have a medical degree and about 7 – 10 years’ experience post medical school.
- The candidate should also have 3 – 5 years’ experience in project management, preference would be in health projects management.
- Significant operational and supply chain management experience in a developing country and experience in project, budget and financial management is necessary for this role
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The appointment term will be for a renewable period of up to 24 months, with an initial 6 months’ probationary period.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and a copy of their recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.