The Governing Council of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, hereby announces that the position of BURSAR, of the University will be vacant by 31st December, 2017.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates applying for the position of the Bursar must possess the following:
- A good honours Degree in Accounting.
- A professional certificate such as ICAN/ANAN/ACCA.
- Possession of relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least fifteen (15) years cognate working experience in a Tertiary Institution, preferably in a recognized University Candidates must not be below the rank of Deputy Bursar.
- Candidates must have appropriate Computer skills.
Condition of Service
- The appointment for the post of Bursar will be for a single term of five (5) years only.
- The remuneration and condition of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in Nigerian Public Universities and as maybe determined by the Council and the Government from time to time.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty five (25) copies of their Application letter, Credentials and Curriculum Vitae with the following information:
- Full name – Surname first
- Marital status
- Number of Children, including the age of each child
- Date and place of birth, Local Government Area, State of Origin and Nationality
- Current postal address
- Educational qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic and Professional bodies/Associations
- Work experience, status and salary level
- Names and address of three referees one of whom must be the present employer
All Applications and Photocopies of relevant credentials must be attached under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post of Bursar”, IBB University, Lapai and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Ibralsim Badamasi Babangida University:
P.M.B. 11, KM 3, Minna Road,
Candidates are advised to request three of their referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover to the address stated above.
- Applicants are also required to submit 25 copies of not more than two pages statement of their vision for the Bursary Department of the University. Referees’ reports should be submitted before the closing date of the application.
- Candidate shall not be more than 60 years at the time of application.