Gritwel Group Incorporated is a Nigerian social childcare company headquartered in Lagos and parent company to 6 subsidiaries. Gritwel Group is governed by an executive management team of professionals and advisory directors. Like an NGO, we receive social loans from our sponsors and we very committed to our social mission, but as with a for-profit corporation, we generate our revenues from our business operations, making us financially sustainable over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Receptionist/Administrative Personnel
- The School Receptionist is the first point of call for visitors to the school, parents, staff and children.
- As the ‘face’ of the school the receptionist should be welcoming, personable, helpful and able to represent the School in a professional and friendly manner. In addition, it is essential that the person for this role is organized, able to multitask, work flexibly and have a positive approach to work.
- The receptionist is also required to assist the Business Manager with various administrative tasks, requiring a good level of IT skills – including computer usage.
- The normal working hours are from 7am to 6pm, from Monday to Friday. Occasionally training/meeting may be organized for Saturdays.
The responsibilities for this position are categorized as below:
- Arrives punctually, be prepared for each school day, and maintains regular attendance of kids and employees.
- Welcoming visitors and responding to telephone and email enquiries in a helpful and constructive manner and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Answers phone calls in a pleasant, informed manner for the purpose of providing information and creating a good image of the school.
- Greets all incoming students, families and guests respectfully and professionally
- Assists in all aspects of maintaining a professional front office, including but not limited to, fielding and directing incoming phone calls to the appropriate staff member in a timely, professional manner.
- To assist with the ordering of stationery, materials and resources and ensuring that stock levels are maintained.
- Receive, sort and distribute all packages, deliveries and mail.
- Ensuring that the reception area is kept smart and tidy and that noticeboards are kept up-to date.
Administrative Tasks – including documentations and reporting:
- Maintaining and updating school information, records and databases. These records include: Daily kids attendance, enrollment records, enquiries, kitchen consumption.
Receiving and Responding to Enrollment Enquiries:
- Assisting with all admissions related tasks, including preparations for and assistance at Open Mornings, taking calls and recording details of enquiries from prospective new families.
- You will be required to have a working knowledge of our school programs, fees and enrollment requirements etc. – and have such information readily available to prospective clients.
- Kids drop off and pick-up assistance
- The administrator must be ready to receive kids during morning drop-off by 7.00 AM, and pick-up starting 4.00 PM till 6.00 PM.
Communication with Parents:
- The administrator will occasionally discuss with parents to get feedbacks concerning their child’s progress and their satisfaction
- Feedbacks, questions or requests related to child’s care/welfare MUST be received from parents, documented and communicated to Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Communicating with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information, between parents and teachers, including phoning parents to ascertain reasons for pupils’ absence.
Facility Management/Health & Safety Management:
- Prior to the kids arrival, the administrator should do a safety check of the facility.
- The administrator must ensure that all activity rooms & sleeping are well arranged, conducive and save for the kids.
- Administrator must supervise the care assistance and cleaners to make sure the facility is always clean and ready to be presented to the clients.
- Maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment. Assure that classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained and safely stored;
- Assist in conducting the daily health and environment checklist;
- Ensuring the safety and security of the school at all times, making sure that entry to the premises controlled. Ensuring that all visitors sign in and take a visitor badge where necessary.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Must have minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years work experience
Requirements and Skills:
- Must be a female with at least 25 years of age, and authorized to work in Nigeria.
- Candidate must be computer literate with professional skills in using Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Candidate must be a well-organized and coordinated individual who can work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in person, telephone and written.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, with the ability to use discretion, patience, tact and respect for confidentiality.
- Personal attributes as required: Emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities; and Must be reliable, honest, and trustworthy, with good ethical behaviors.
- Excellent command of English Language is essential
- Successful experience working in a team.
- Holiday allowance will be paid, calculated as 1.2 % of yearly gross salary and will be paid in December.
- Additional bonuses may be paid depending on your performance and the company yearly profit rating. Bonus may vary between NGN 0 – NGN 90,000 per year.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their motivational letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for as the subject of the mail.