Gritwel Group Incorporated is a Nigerian social childcare company headquartered in Lagos and parent company to 6 subsidiaries. Gritwel Group is governed by an executive management team of professionals and advisory directors. Like an NGO, we receive social loans from our sponsors and we very committed to our social mission, but as with a for-profit corporation, we generate our revenues from our business operations, making us financially sustainable over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Earlychildhood & Primary School Center Manager
Job Type: Full-time
- The center manager is the school’s leading support staff professional and works as part of the senior team to ensure that the school meets its educational and business aims.
The responsibilities for this position are categorized as below:
Educational operations Supervisor / Leadership Roles:
- You will be responsible for overseeing, directing and implementing educational services for children, together with a team of other educators.
- You will be responsible for providing professional leadership and management of other educators to enhance their effectiveness to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school.
- You will work with educators to use and develop their skills and abilities in planning and carrying out educational activities. You will also lead and manage all casual school support staff. E.g. Drivers, logistics & maintenance team etc.
- You will guide and facilitate safe activities of the children, including: daily indoor and outdoor play activities.
- You will promote the highest standards of business ethics within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensure the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s benefits
- You will be required to complete and submit required forms and records in a timely and accurate fashion, e.g., lesson plans, time sheets, meal reports etc.
- You will maintain a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio assessment for each child, including weekly observations in each development area. Oversights are:
- Review teachers’ lesson plans, schedules, room arrangements and portfolio assessments
- Deliver pre-service and monthly in-service training sessions to teaching staff; Lead responsibility for parent involvement in education services
- Identify and prioritize materials and equipment needed in classrooms and playgrounds, and coordinate with director in making purchases;
- Organize staff training and meetings, and board and parent meetings as requested
Financial Resource Management:
- You will be responsible for monthly Financial Resource Management of the center, managing monthly enrollment and revenue accounts.
- You will maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the school development plan and will forecast future year budgets.
- Monthly enrollment and sales target will be set for you. Together with the director, you will propose and implement a working strategy to improve the number of enrolled kids.
- You will be responsible for ensuring parents satisfactions. You may be required to maximize income through other activities such as training and workshops.
- You will prepare and submit monthly business reports
Facility Management/ Health & Safety Management:
- Maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment. Assure that classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained and safely stored;
- Use the playground as an extension of the classroom; assures that the playground is safe;
- Assist in conducting the daily health and environment checklist;
Requirements and Skills
- Candidate must be computer literate with professional skills in using Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Candidate must a well-organized and coordinated individual who can work with minimal supervision.
- Must be at least 30 years of age, and authorized to work in Nigeria.
- Candidate must hold educational certificate in early childhood education or related subjects with at least 10 years of working experience in an elementary school setting. Candidates with other non- educational backgrounds, but with at least 15 years’ experience in Earlychildhood education may also apply.
- Must have a working knowledge of the British EYFS educational curriculum and Nigeria Pre-school curriculum
- Personal qualifications as required: Emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities; and Must be reliable, honest, and trustworthy, with good ethical behaviors.
- Must have excellent organizational and leadership skills, with ability to plan and organize tasks to maintain expected productivity.
- Requires effective Leadership, interpersonal and oral communication skills for supervisory duties.
- Excellent command of English Language is essential
- Requires effective writing and oral communication skills to conduct meetings and training sessions, and to prepare reports that are clear, complete, comprehensive, and use good grammar and punctuation;
- Successful experience working in a team.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Candidate must hold educational certificate in Early Childhood Education or related subjects with at least 10 years of working experience in an elementary school setting. Candidates with other non- educational backgrounds, but with at least 15 years’ experience in Earlychildhood education may also apply.
- The normal working hours are from 7am to 6pm, from Monday to Friday. Occasionally training/meeting may be organized for Saturdays.
- Monthly salary is NGN 60,000.
- Holiday allowance will be paid, calculated as 1.2 % of yearly gross salary and will be paid in December.
- Additional bonuses may be paid depending on your performance and the company yearly profit rating. Bonus may vary between NGN 0 – NGN 150,000 per year.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
- Email subject: Position you are applying for.
- Attachment: Include a motivational letter as part of the email body.