Gritwel Group, Inc. is a Nigerian social childcare company headquartered in Lagos and parent company to 6 subsidiaries. Gritwel Group is governed by an executive management team of professionals and advisory directors. Like an NGO, we receive social loans from our sponsors and we very committed to our social mission, but as with a for-profit corporation, we generate our revenues from our business operations, making us financially sustainable over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Development Research/ Technical Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
- As a research & technical specialist, you will develop an extensive knowledgebase and wide breadth of intellectual resources on child development, through cutting edge research studies.
The responsibilities for this position are categorized as below:
- You will play a lead role in initiating and coordinating observational & scientific research activities on child development at Gritwel Earlychildhood Schools (GES).
- Propose relevant research topics on child development, based on practical observations from day-to-day activities and challenges facing the child development industry.
- You will Propose at least one research topic every month with a fully written professional academic abstract
- Initiate strategy and methodology to collect research data that relates o child development, from daily operations from assigned Earlychildhood centers.
- Typical types of research data include Children developmental milestones (height gain, head size growth, weight increase, Observational video clips on children plays and environment, cognition development etc.
- Our facility is equipped with advanced multi-media devices for observational studies, and research cameras to capture real-time behaviors of children. All devices are connected to a central observation booth.
- You will complete one full technical research paper / Manuscript (up to 2000 words) every quarter, and publish in a renown and respected child development Journal
- Must make plans to present one technical paper at least once in 2 years in a local or international conference on child development. We will fully sponsor your participation at conferences.
Technical Training Session Facilitator:
- You will engage in leading and supporting professional development activities of educators.
- Your roles will include organizing training and workshop sessions, plan international conference forums on child development.
- You will serve as teacher/facilitator to build a high-performing group of individuals on earlychildhood / child development subject.
Technical Supports to other Business Divisions:
- You will provide technical supports and intellectual insights to other education based business subsidiaries in Gritwel group.
- Such supports could include developing and updating educational curriculum/programs and other technical documents required for day-to-day activities at various centers.
- You will also give technical advises, and support our education business divisions on technical sales.
Interdisciplinary Dialogue Sessions:
- You will establish platforms for interdisciplinary dialogue among global community about child development experience
Requirements and Skills
- Must be at least 25 years of age, and authorized to work in Nigeria.
- Candidate must be highly motivated to conduct research studies on child development, with intentions to proceed to obtain Ph.D. degree on Earlychildhood related subjects.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Research methods and report writing techniques.
- Candidate must possess practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and statistical tools (E.g. SPSS).
- Must be able to Plan, organize, coordinate and control large group events and technical meetings.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Personal qualifications as required: Emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities; and Must be reliable, honest, and trustworthy, with good ethical behaviors.
- Must have excellent organizational and leadership skills, with ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Excellent command of English is essential, as candidate will be involved in presentation of results and information on media.
- Successful experience working in a team setting and management.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Candidate must have a science background and hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Psychology etc.
- Minimum Experience of 2 years
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org