Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) is our Global organisation, committed to providing innovative products and services to enable multi-national organisations to stay agile and competitive – wherever in the world they do business. We are on a journey to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one mobility solution and are able to help our clients do ‘more with less’ by empowering employees to work more flexibly and efficiently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: VoIP Core Network Specialist
Ref No: 0506/OPS/VCNS/NIG
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
- The VoIP Network Specialist will provide overall network design and operations support for a broad range of requirements with a primary focus on Voice over IP (VoIP) -based products and services.
- This employee will support installation, configuration, maintenance and usage of VBN’s core VoIP infrastructure.
- He shall also liaise with VBN’s suppliers and vendors and act as a final point of contact for VoIP related issues in collaboration with Network Operations, engineering and product design as required
- Build, upgrade, integration, optimize and operate the core of the VoIP platform for VBN
- ‘Own’ the VBN VoIP core infrastructure (C4 & C5 Voip switches, Session border controllers, billing platform, transcoders, Media servers, etc) and ensure consistent up-time and performance of the infrastructure
- Improve on ‘uptime’ on infrastructure by ensuring adequate backup on devices for components of the VoIP core.
- Carry out third -level troubleshooting on escalated VoIP issues including compatibility, performance and quality of service for customers when required.
- Lead the installation, testing, troubleshooting, monitoring and support different VoIP equipment in VBN lab and production network.
- Ensure integrity of billing on the VOIP platform – with interconnect partners as well as clients.
- Design and implement disaster recovery process and procedures for Voice network
- Generate reports to assist in review, analysis and evaluation of deployed solutions and in the design of new technology solutions.
- Work closely with other VBN departments / units on projects related to the design, development, deployment, monitoring and evaluation of new products and services –
- Validate bespoke solutions generated by Solutions Architecture and Provisioning teams.
- Implement proof of concepts and derive results from consistent testing methodologies focusing on capabilities of new VoIP products.
- Recommend and justify optimisations, enhancements and upgrades on the core of the VoIP system as may be required.
- Ensure that technical documentation associated with the VOIP core network is updated regularly and is readily accessible whenever required.
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation highlighting best practices for the VoIP system.
- Ensure that the VoIP system is secured and protected from intrusions that could lead to outages or a severe loss of revenue.
- Adhere to defined Change, Problem and Incident management processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- 5 – 7 years or more relevant work and ‘Hands-On’ experience in solutions designs with IP-PBX, Unified Communications platforms, SBCs OCS, and Call Center Applications.
- Advanced understanding of the implementation of SS7 and SIP signalling protocols.
- Functional experience with general database implementation, including, setup and running database scripts.
- Prior VoIP technology implementation and support experience with Enterprise type accounts.
- An understanding of IP and internetworking (LAN & WAN) technologies is mandatory for this role.
- Very strong knowledge of Softswitch class 4 and Softswitch class 5.
- A CCVP certification – or highter is a strong advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Understanding of networking protocols TCPIP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- An ability and flexibility to work independently, with minimal supervision, meet tight deadlines and to build up good team relations.
- Strong time management, problem solving, prioritization and planning skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technologies to a broad audience in a concise, clear and simple manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifed candidates should:
Click here to apply online