Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, operating in more than 70 countries. Our aim is to meet the energy needs of society in ways that are economically, socially and environmentally viable, now and in the future. Our focus on innovation and technology has made us a leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of refined petroleum products and has us ranked amongst the top 50 most innovative companies in the world.
Shell’s core values are Honesty, Integrity and Respect in all its operations, is an equal opportunity employer and an advocate for diversity and inclusion.
Applications are invited from fresh graduates for the position below:
Job Title: Trainee Reservoir Engineer
- At Shell, we’re developing all kinds of ideas to help meet the growing demand for energy and we’re looking for ambitious students and graduates to help us do more.
- Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, employing approximately 87,000 people and operating in more than 70 countries and territories.
- Our aim is to meet the energy needs of our society in ways that are economically, socially and environmentally viable, now and in the future. Our focus on innovation and technology has made us a leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of refined petroleum products.
Shell Graduate Programme
- The Shell Graduate Programme is a development framework that enables new graduates to become fully independent Shell professionals in 2-5 years.
- At Shell, new graduates have access to an unparalleled range of roles and world-class training and development opportunities, including:
- Leadership skills development
- Networking, Coaching and Mentoring relationships
- World class training (classroom based learning, e-learning modules, accreditation)
- Job Rotations in different businesses
What We Look for in Shell
- We are looking for ambitious students who have completed their undergraduate degree in the past four years (2013 and 2016), completed their mandatory service year programme (NYSC) and have a minimum second class upper degree to help us tackle the energy challenge
- As part of our process to identify remarkable individuals, we use a competency-based assessment methodology which focuses on Capacity, Achievement and Relationships (CAR).
- Capacity: We’re looking for people with the intellectual, analytical, and creative ability to learn quickly, identify issues, and propose innovative solutions.
- Achievement: We want driven high-achievers full of curiosity, self-confidence and organizational skills.
- Relationship: We’re searching for strong communicators who work well within a team, respect others and encourage and support colleagues.
Course of Study:
- Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates will be asked to select the business area that they would like to apply for on the Shell Graduate Programme within the Application form. You will be matched into a particular role based on your skills. Whilst you will not be required to apply for a specific Shell position If you are interested in a specific role, you can express interest within your cover letter.
- Applicants who do not meet the above requirement will be regretted. Please be aware that multiple applications will be disqualified and candidate regretted.
- We review applications and fill roles on a rolling basis, therefore, we may close particular business areas once they are filled.
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. for insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training special job offer, etc) for employment
- Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on its company websites when available.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms, neither does the company process CV’s that have not been submitted through the proper websites: http://www.shell.com/careers or http://www.shell.com.ng/careers
- All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process inside Shell recruitment offices.