The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary, Information Management and Management Support
- To contribute, under the supervision of the head of unit, in assisting the management in daily secretarial tasks such as agenda, meeting & VIP visits organisation, contacts management, and writing formal correspondence
- Participates to implementing of all information management projects or programs linked to information management, in delegation and sub-sites.
- Ensures that users understand the need for changes and supports these changes and trains users on regular basis.
- Shares responsibility with the head of unit to ensure that all staff have proper and timely access to the information and documents they need. In charge of sending and receiving mail in the delegation. Makes sure all sub-sites follow the standard procedures while preparing and sending mail.
- Contributes to ensuring that rules for correspondence, document security, archiving and good usage of standard computer technology are properly followed and implemented. Train users on regular basis.
- Makes sure that the stationery comply with the applicable visual identity rules and is responsible for keeping stock.
- Contributes to create a conducive environment within the management support team, as well as to problem solving whenever necessary.
- First Degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in a related field.
- Excellent knowledge of secretarial work.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in similar work.
- Excellent written and oral English.
- Reporting and analytical skills
- Very good knowledge of standard computer and other office equipment such as Microsoft Office; knowledge of sharepoint is an asset but not necessary.
- Knowledge of diplomatic protocol is an asset.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Interest and skills for training of users.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality.
- Rigor and good organization in daily work.
- Sense of responsibility and capacity to fix and respect priorities.
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Flexibility and availability.
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate the job title and location as the subject of your application. (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.