Rivers State University of Science and Technology – The University is located at Nkpolu-Oroworukwo in Port Harcourt Local Government Area of Rivers State. The institution is the first University of Science and Technology established in Nigeria in 1980. Its establishment was the culmination of a long and sustained demand for a technological institute in Port Harcourt prior to and following the Report of the Ashby Commission on higher education in Nigeria in 1960.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the academic position below:
Job Title: Reader
Location: Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt
Candidates for the position listed must satisfy the following criteria:
- At least 7 years teaching, research and/or industrial/professional experience with PhD in the relevant areas.
- Outstanding research and publications and at least 10 Journal papers in the candidate’s discipline cited on Google Scholar.
- Outstanding teaching record with academic leadership qualities such as:
- Ability to initiate, develop and supervise Research projects
- Supervision of students.
- Contribution to the development and growth of the Institution and outside community.
- Assessment by three External Assessors in the same area of the candidates specialization.
- At least 7 years research and administrative experience with PhD or its equivalent such as MD degree of Nigerian or British Universities. In the Clinical Sciences, candidates must have a Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons/Physicians (FWACS/FWACP) or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN) or their equivalents.
Conditions of Service
- Successful candidates will be required to assume duty as soon as possible and will be on probation for the first two (2) years.
- Thereafter, they will retire at the approved age of 65 years and 70 years for those on the Professorial cadre.
- Candidates could be allowed to transfer their services to the Rivers State University.
- Other conditions are similar to those obtaining in other institutions of higher learning in Nigeria.
CONUASS6 (N5,360,651.64 per annum).
14th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies of their application with detailed Curricula Vitae (CV) plus one photocopy each of their certificates with other relevant documents. Their Curricula Vitae should indicate:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Current Post Address
- Cell (Phone) Number and email address
- Marital Status
- Number/Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended
- Employment Records
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
Rivers State University,
- The sealed envelope containing the application should indicate at the top left hand corner the position sought.
- All candidates should nominate three (3) referees who would also be required to forward references on their behalf under confidential cover to the same address.
- Such references should equally be received not later than the closing date stated above.