International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Entry Operator
- International Medical Corps (IMC), in collaboration with the Harvard School of Public Health (USA) and Epicentre (France), will be supporting a research study, “Reducing the frequency of follow up and task sharing in the treatment of uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition.”
- The aim of the research study is to test a new model of care, using a monthly schedule of follow-up with caregiver support for at-home surveillance in the treatment of uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition (SAM).
- The research study will be conducted in Sokoto state (Wamako and Binji LGAs) beginning in June 2017.
- IMC seeks to recruit Data Entry Operators to support data entry and data management for the study.
- The data entry operator will routinely receive and enter individual data collected at the study sites into an electronic database assuring the quality of the data entry, as well as maintain study archives with all entered questionnaires.
- Receive and organize individual data records from study sites for efficient data entry
- Enter individual data into electronic data base and execute modifications following verification as needed
- Check completeness of records and report incomplete files to the Data Manager for follow-up
- Archive physical records after entry and verification
- Ensure the confidentiality of the data received and entered
- Maintain close communication with Data Manager to anticipate and resolve challenges related to data entry and archival
- Ensure respect for the dignity of CMAM beneficiaries, study participants and program staff
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification and Experience
- Over one (1) year experience as Data entry operator, preferably in CMAM programmes
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles
- Degree in Statistics.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Epi Data, Epi Info or Stata
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Should be a team player
- Ability to respect confidentiality of data collected and dignity of participants/ beneficiaries is essential
- Extremely flexible, motivated and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Experience with research is a plus
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should addressed their applications to ” the Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.