Oando Gas and Power Limited, is developer of Nigeria’s foremost natural gas distribution network and captive power solutions. We pioneered the private sector piping and distribution of natural gas to industrial and commercial consumers, successfully reviving private sector participation in the gas distribution business in Nigeria. With 120km of pipeline already laid in Lagos State and another 5 km in River States, we are taking bold steps towards building sub-Saharan Africa’s largest gas pipeline network.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Environment, Health, Safety, Security & Quality Analyst
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The EHSSQ Analyst is responsible for ensuring field compliance to construction and fabrication codes and standards on projects.
- The incumbent shall monitor, enforce and report compliance and/or noncompliance in aspects associated with construction, commissioning and handover, regardless of whether the activities are executed through in-house resources or by contractors.
- The position incumbent is expected to be knowledgeable in piping construction codes, standards, regulation and laws governing the construction and operation of Gas and Power production & distribution facilities as well as applicable general nb Health, Safety and Environmental laws and practices.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability
- Coordinates collation of field inspection and test reports on all live construction projects in Oando Gas and power.
- Monitors Welder performance and conducts visual inspections of welds and repairs of welds in accordance with Company procedures and international codes of practice.
- Checks, inspects and tests project welding and construction materials to ensure they meet project specification requirements
- Monitors the construction process from all aspects to ensure performance meets job quality and design requirements in accordance with Company procedures and international standards
- Coordinates with clients to undertake Procedure Qualification Tests (PQT) and inspections of prepared test specimens and witnesses destructive tests
- Identifies and prepares Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) & PQR for jobs as per project specifications and verifies Welders meet PQR requirements
- Collates all relevant documentation for the job and applies the data to the creation of a Test Pack to undertake pre-hydro test inspection activity.
- Undertakes verification of welding machines and accessories to ensure equipment meets job requirements/specification and provides verification of electrode baking and holding temperature including control and issue
- Conducts fit up and dimension inspections as per Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and to provide technical guidance for welding sequence and distortion control
- Surveys erection, construction and equipment for alignment and dimensional fidelity in accordance with drawings and specifications
- Prepares all equipment punch lists and verify all items are in place and act as facilitator during routine audits.
- Reports all inspection findings including details of any non-conformities to code/standard
- Minimum second class upper degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Metallurgical & Material)
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in Construction, Welding Practices or Non- destructive testing.
- Professional Certification shall be an added advantage.
- Not more than 27 years of age
- Additional qualifications will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online