Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Project Development Manager
Req ID: 265492
Location: Port Harcourt
Position Scope/Standard Responsibilities
- The Regional Project Development Manager (RPDM) provides specialist technical and commercial product support to the client facing activity during the project development phase – understanding clients operational and business needs and building the D-R Value Proposition from a tailored technical and commercial solution to provide the client with the desired return on investment.
- Manages the client interface, including presenting the value proposition and negotiating contractual terms.
- The position engages the Legal/Contract Administration, Finance/Credit, Business Solutions, applicable business unit managers, and company management as necessary.
- Works with the Proposal Development Team in the preparation of the technical and commercial proposal, including the preparation of price recommendations based on market information, preparation of the value proposition, and completion of the risk assessment and project cash flow analysis per guidelines.
- Prepares business activity and forecast reports and delivers technical and commercial presentations for management and clients.
- Acts in a businesslike manner with regard to expenses, and meets the D-R sales, bookings, and earnings objectives while representing the client to D-R and ensuring they are treated fairly.
- Establishes and maintains a “preferred provider” relationship with the key decision-makers and influences within client organizations.
Key Responsibility 1 – Safety:
- Work safely and follow all rules and procedures.
- Complete all required safety training.
- Report all Near-Misses, First Aids and Incidents to supervisors.
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings and complete required BBAs.
- Conduct Behavior Based Safety Audits and report any safety concerns observed.
Key Responsibility 2 – Coordinate Controls Sales Activity with Clients:
- Responsible for developing business opportunities, from lead/opportunity to order, to meet the annual business target (BTA).
- Leads pursuit of specific Engineered Solutions opportunities for turbo compressor, reciprocating compressor, gas & steam turbine, & bundled control system in the services business and promptly follows sales leads with a structured approach to qualification and prioritization.
- Develops and maintains sales funnel to a minimum level of ~3 times the BTA by processing new enquiries efficiently and using strategic proactive initiatives to increase business levels year-on-year in line with Long Range Plan (LRP)
- Effective communication through a matrix organization to manage enquiries/opportunities by influence with management, core staff functions and client facing teams.
- Ensures thorough understanding of technical and commercial project scope and communicate the requirements clearly to the Proposal Development Team.
- Responsible for identifying project and commercial risks and helps to develop mitigation plans to ensure successful project outcome.
- Makes technical product presentations to convey the Supplier’s confidence in the solution to the clients and demonstrates benefits through success stories.
- Attends tradeshows and other business development activity.
- Helps to train Account Managers / CFT on the full array and benefits of D-R Engineered Solutions in order to become proficient in identifying client needs for control systems.
- Leads selling strategy and development of the Value Proposition on each Engineered Solutions opportunity.
- Generates effective “won/loss” reports including competitor information where appropriate
- Develops client relationships, displays excellent listening skills, maintains and emits a positive attitude.
- Proficient and regular user of all system tools available to the Sales & Technical Support functions
- Is able to coordinate and/or contribute to the business development of complex projects that may involve multiple D-R business units and external contractors
Key Responsibility 3 – Forecasting and Reporting:
- Provides accurate financial booking forecasts of Engineered Solutions opportunities within the assigned territory. These must be monitored and updated regularly by the successful applicant.
- Responsible for updating forecasts, maintaining accuracy of SFDC tool (opportunity tracker) and attending weekly windshield (opportunity) call
- Responsible for providing monthly report detailing business opportunities, bookings, market activity, challenges, etc.
Key Responsibility 4 – Territory Planning and Marketing:
- Reports on market changes and competitive information on a regular basis. Maintains a personal development plan to improve technical and commercial skills.
- Provide market data and competitive information regarding D-R Engineered Solutions business in the assigned territory
- Stays current on/defines/communicates client needs and market conditions in territory and particularly to stay current on industry/market and D-R technology and solutions relevant to their client base and territory
- Maintains a detailed network of peers and colleagues
Minimum and Preferred (Education, Certification, Degree, Concentration, Skills, Knowledge, etc.):
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or Equivalent
- Fluent in English language
- Minimum Ten (10) years outside sales experience in rotating equipment and/or Control System Sales of a similar nature to D-R equipment calling on industrial clients
- Experience in oil and gas markets with rotating equipment control systems. Experience on power generation markets an asset.
- Direct experience with the internal processes (project specification, contract procedures, T&Cs, etc.) used by major clients in the oil and gas industry
- Basic knowledge and experience in simulating turbo, reciprocating and steam machinery aero/thermo performance is a plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills, requires time management and record keeping detail.
- Computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office suite of business programs
- Travel required up to 50% of time to fulfill obligations for position
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed organization
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online