Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Service Desk Engineer
Req ID: 265311
Location: Port Harcourt
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Desktop Support Administrator provides day-to-day hands on support to the organization’s end user laptops, desktops, servers, mobile devices and applications.
- This position interfaces directly with internal customers and various departments, troubleshooting user desktop issues to resolution. Other areas of responsibility are LAN support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, Anti-Virus management, image management, application installs, user support and training.
- Will be technically aware of relationship between Networking and all other IT Infrastructure technologies. Has a broad understanding of Infrastructure technologies and will be the first point of technical contact for the other IT Infrastructure teams for day to day support issues.
- Will work closely with Workshop Supervisor. Sign-off for high-impact activities must be gained from IT Network Management team.
- To support the IT Network Services department and other IT departments in resolving internal customer day to day Network support issues, through call tracking, communication and escalation where appropriate.
- The incumbent will use their broad knowledge of IT Infrastructure systems (Server OS, Desktop OS, Client devices, LAN technologies, WAN technologies and Remote Access technologies) to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner or re-direct to the appropriate team as required.
Country I.T Capacity Planning:
- Assist the Head of IT in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs
Country E-mail/Internet/System Support:
- Establishes and maintains user e-mail accounts; provides e-mail training and software support; manages anti-spam and anti-virus servers; researches and troubleshoots e-mail problems by reviewing mail logs, records, and network configurations; establishes and maintains card key access accounts; provides solutions to customer identified problems.
Network and Server Administration:
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects; plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems; assists in coordinating special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
Data Backup and Recovery:
- Performs daily server tape backups/recovery; researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems. Carries out daily checks regarding backups and network health
- Pro-actively monitors the network and network services systems and resolves or escalates (as appropriate) any issues in a timely manner (incl. where required out of hours support – to standard support contract terms).
Country First Tier User Support:
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of laptops, desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients and Produces KPI’s regarding fault calls and route cause analysis how these may be proactively reduced.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience supporting Windows 7 or 2008 Server; desktop/laptop PCs
- Experience should include IT ticketing and request systems, ITIL certification and best practices methodologies.
- Professional certifications such as A+ certification, Cisco, MCP and Microsoft Office Specialist certification will be added advantage
- Experience in the analysis, installation, administration, and troubleshooting of all aspects of a client/server data network including multi-facility client/server network and system administration and support
- Experience in installation of softwares, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online