African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Diversity and Young Professionals Program (YPP) & Internship Coordinator
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50054050
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda.
- Core to the Human Resources Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
- In order to create a truly transformed human resources work-way, the Human Resources Management department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and human resources delivery; Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking; Human Resources Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new Human Resources Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
- The Staff Training and Development Division embeds a strategic approach to human resource development and management that results in more effective talent and performance management including strategic sourcing and career development and mobility, leadership development, compensation and reward, policy and compliance.
- Reporting to the Talent Management and Mobility Officer, the Diversity, Young Professional Program (YPP) & Internships Coordinator contributes to the development of the Talent Management & Mobility policy and programs in alignment to the business objectives of the Bank.
- S/he identifies, develops and implements proposals, strategies and programs aligned with the Bank’s strategic focus and direction through the Young Professionals and Internship Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Talent Management and Mobility Officer, the incumbent will undertake the following key responsibilities :
- Assist with the development of policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce for the organization.
- Support the business units in submitting requisitions and plans relating to Young Professionals and Interns taken in at the Bank; including other special programs e.g. for Technical Assistants, Secondees, etc.
- Coordinate all annual and on-going planning, communication and publicity for the Young Professionals and Internship Programs are proactively managed and effectively delivered e.g. Young Professionals, or Internship Announcements.
- Provide the necessary information and verifications for Young Professionals and Intern access and payments for relevant benefits and other organizational provisions.
- Administer all planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting processes the Young Professionals and Internship Programs across the organisation.
- Contribute to strategic projects with other members of the Human Resources team particularly where these impact Talent, Learning and Organisation Development’s processes and systems, for example, the Young Professionals Program, internships, etc.
- Provide bank-wide guidance on the policies, guidelines and standards relating to diversity, and the Young Professionals and Internship Programs in the Bank.
- Support the full lifecycle of the in-take, on-boarding, rotations and development activities for Young Professionals and Interns in the Bank; career management processes for Young Professionals e.g. attendance and completion of the Young Professionals certification program/ boot camps, rotations, adherence to promotion requirements, etc.
- In liaison with the training and development team, ensure all learning programs relevant to YPs, Interns or on Diversity are effectively planned, designed and delivered; ensuring the appropriate planning, communications, vendor management, health and safety, and other relevant standards are met.
- Research, share best practice, make recommendations; and promote approved diversity initiatives and achieve positive changes within the organisation. Keep current on diversity programs and developments by maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional association and educational groups, and professional development efforts).
- Determine the appropriateness of introducing diversity initiatives taking into account the unique needs of the organization.
- Provide advice, guidance and support on equality and diversity issues; responding to complaints and providing information on options for complainants; where required.
- Develop systems for reporting any incidents of discrimination; working in liaison with any relevant stakeholders who may include the Staff relations, Employee Engagement and other colleagues or units, as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of anti-discriminatory legislation; and translate equality legislation into practice to ensure the Bank meets statutory requirements.
- Contribute to writing, implementing and reviewing policy, reports and recommendations at corporate and service level.
- Support or prepare and deliver presentations and workshops to staff; and preparing/distributing publicity materials and displays. Develop training schedules (including e-learning options) to educate employees and managers on how to recognize, accommodate and appreciate individual differences and how these can be leveraged to assist in meeting business plans.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate statistics and data relating to all duties and processes and as relevant for management reporting or corporate monitoring.
- Advise on and contribute to final budgeting and plans for the Young Professional Program, Internships and diversity programs; including monitoring of utilization.
- Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of corporate diversity initiatives implemented and prepares quarterly reports to senior management on the value of the initiatives.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or other related disciplines.
- A certification or training in learning design and implementation will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in progressive positions preferably with international organization. Practical experience in managing similar graduate or internship programs is desirable.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, and to complete tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to grasp and quickly learn internal systems with flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and the creativity in delivering solutions to business issues and problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to deal with all levels of the client organization in a diverse, international institution structure.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others, and to obtain collaboration of internal and external partners and contacts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically.
- Knowledge of training and staff development delivery mechanisms.
- Ability to effectively manage training logistics.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications. Knowledge of Taleo and SAP would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online