The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Delegate
Vacancy No: IFRC01608
Category of Staff: Delegate
Grade: To be determined
- Reporting to the FACT Team Leader/OPS Manager, the Procurement and Logistics Delegate will have a strong focus in:
- Supervising and conducting all country level procurement activities for and on behalf of IFRC,
- Supporting the NS on the procurement and logistic capacity building and Support the delivery of operational and Country level logistics services
- Conducting the procurement project related activities of the IFRC
- Supporting the National Societies on their processes, ensuring compliance with IFRC standards.
- Supporting the delivery of operational and Country level logistics services in-line with Logistics Procurement and Supply Chain Management strategy and procedures, ensuring a high quality service provision that meets the needs of services users.
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and report the logistical aspects of all programmes relating to the Nigeria response operations and ensuring that all logistics tasks are complying with the IFRC standards and procedures
- Working closely with programmes and will carry responsibility for specific area of logistics activity e.g. customs/ warehouse/ transport processing.
- Playing an active role in training and supporting other IFRC staffs in relevant logistics procedures and to ensure alignment in cross-function activity.
- Assist the HEOps, Team Leader and Head of CCST in creating basic logistics management system and provide rapid and professional support/assistance to the various components of the mission, conducting logistics assessment missions, create and maintain logistics regulations/emergency procedures, coordinating, if needed, warehouse and Hub. Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement and Logistics Delegate is responsible for:
- Ensuring appropriate document handling, stock management (including office stock) and financial recording systems are established and maintained
- Undertaking a rapid and thorough assessment of the operational needs of the Nigeria operation response to design and propose a more effective and transparent logistics system that ensures effective, timely and efficient delivery of logistics support to the operation.
- Working with the Regional Procurement Team to prepare required documentation for international and regional tendering in compliance with the Federation standard procurement procedures and processes.
- Preparing and presenting procurement files to Committee of Contracts (local or Geneva).
- Ensuring that all purchased goods are of the required Federation standards, fit for the purpose and follow the required documentary trail.
- In consultations with the Head of Nigeria operations, Ops Manager and Nigerian RC Counterparts and ICRC as Movement partner involved in this operation, design systems and work out Logistics Action Plans and take actions to address bottle necks of logistics to meet the urgent requirement from the field, such as leased vehicles, fuel … etc., in order to set up and manage the logistics for the Nigeria Operations, including establishment of a logistics structure and logistics systems.
- Put in place an effective logistics mechanism to help speed up the requirements for procurement, warehousing and field delivery, in line with the Nigeria operations Plan of Actions.
- Implement and maintain International Federation standard practices in logistics procedures and supervise and direct of the operation’s procurement services to IFRC standards as required for the Nigeria Operation.
- Provide timely advice and technical support on logistics issues to other departments
- Contracts, with the support of regional office, the required by the operation for goods and services in order to procure goods and services on behalf of the Nigeria operation following Federation standard practices and ensuring documentation complies with full audit trail standards.
- Plan organize and maintain, in compliance with Federation standards and Logistics norms to minimize losses, any stores and/or warehouses containing Federation stocks; provide timely stock reports to the Head of Nigeria operations and Logistics Dubai.
- Provide supervision and direction to the operations transportation and fleet needs according to the operational needs establishing in advance contracts with 3PL.
- Liaise with relevant field level operational partners (ICRC, Nigerian RC) and governmental structures and keep up to date a comprehensive data of all goods and services procured with local market conditions to enable delivery of most efficient procurement service locally or by Logistics Procurement and Supply Chain Management Unit in Nairobi directly.
- Plan, organize the transportation, customs clearance and other formalities for incoming goods to ensure their timely receipt into the operations stores and/or warehouses.
- Liaise with the HR officer to hire temporary, local labour to facilitate the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods to and from the stores/warehouses, and in accordance with local regulations.
- Ensure the correct storage, rotation of stock and proper structural maintenance of warehouses to keep all stock in good condition.
- Plan and organize the operations transportation requirements, implement and maintain use of transportation management system for all Federation-owned vehicles and assist the operations management in planning the best use of vehicles.
- Undertake field trips into the operational areas to assess the progress of logistics component of the Nigeria operations.
- Produce regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports for the International Federation and for donors related to Logistics
- Ensure a rapid assessment and review of the Nigerian RC logistics Capacity : procurement, warehousing and vehicle management (existing and gaps) to propose and help to put in place a more effective and reliable logistics system (procurement, control of incoming/outgoing of items, warehousing, etc.), in close consultation with the Head of operations and the regional/global logistics Unit
- Make recommendations for improvement of the National Society’s logistics capacities and develop a plan of action (with timeline) and budget to implement the recommendations.
- Provide technical support and assist the Nigerian RC National Society in implementing the operation Plan of Action.
- Train and develop Delegates, Local Staff, National Society Staff and Volunteers capacities in Logistics management in providing management guidance and maintenance of logistics fixed assets, including vehicle registration and insurance.
- Strengthen collaboration and coordination with ICRC logistics team in country Education
- Relevant University Degree in Supply chain (including procurement) – Required
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain (Logistic and Procurement) or equivalent relevant experience – Required
- IMPACT, Basic Delegates Training Course – Preferred Experience
- A of Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing Logistics of RC field operations in a security sensitive area and in complex emergencies or similar contexts – Required
- A very good track record of managing people, networking, influencing and negotiating and building relationships effectively – Required
- Relevant professional experience in general logistics, including warehousing, transportation, customs clearance and procurement and staff training – Required
- Experience in reporting and proposal writing, budget and financial management to ensure compliance – Required
- Experience of working with National Societies – Required
- Experience working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country – Required Knowledge, skills and languages
- Self-supporting in computers – Required
- Coordination and partner relationship building/ Excellent skills in networking with other agencies and organisations – Good interpersonal skills – Required
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, meet deadlines and travel extensively to support field operations or training – Required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills as well as logistics technical expertise with good knowledge of Logistics tools and guidelines for programming – Required
- Valid international driving license for light vehicles (manual gears) – Required
- Skills to analyse and draw conclusions for a rapid and well-argued decision – Required
- Good Knowledge of the region and capacity to practice political and cultural sensitivity – Required
- Knowledge of Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and Sharing the RC/RC principles and values – Required
- Skills in training and developing staff capacity – Required
- Fluent in written and spoken English – Required Competencies and values
- National Society relations – Strategic orientation – Communication – Teamwork
- Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity; Judgement-Decision-making
- Results focus and accountability – Managing performance Comments
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online