Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer’s overall responsibility is to ensure the day to day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations, CARE and donor requirements.
- S/he will handle contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, and other logistics tasks and provides support to the sub-offices’ and projects’ administration on procurement related matters.
- The incumbent is expected to deal with customers with maturity, tact and diplomacy. S/he will also prepare and manage consultancy contracts.
- Ensure quality and timely supply of goods and services including consultancy locally or internationally in accordance with CARE Procurement rules.
- Prepare and share the country office procurement plan for each FY (Quarterly, Bi-Annually)
- Handle the local and international procurement process to ensure a timely supply and goods and services, including consultancy service according to the procurement policies and standards of quality of service, prepare SBA, LOPs etc.
- Follow up pre-shipment inspection waiver, etc. from the relevant shippers and authorities
- Follow up tax exemptions from the relevant authorities
- Inspect goods received to ensure their quantity and quality and approved acceptance
- Follow-up the payment of goods and services invoices and bills, and advise Accounts on terms and conditions of contract relating to supply of goods and services to ensure that payments are made as agreed,
- Assist Admin Manager in providing training to staff on procurement policies,
- Develop and maintain a vendor list for the main office and supervise the preparation of S/O vendor lists,
- Maintain and share vendor and price lists with MO and S/O procurement committees and Programme Managers,
- Maintain the annual procurement budget/plan of the main office and consolidate the country procurement Plan,
- Ensure the completeness and chronological filling of L.P. O’s and Request for Payments,
- Ensure 24 hours’ feedback to staff on completeness of PR’s submitted and prompt feedback on delivery of items,
- Maintain and update individual vendor files and update the Manual Procurement Status Report,
- Ensuring new vendors and Consultant’s fill vendor questionnaires with all the required documentations attached and do Bridger checks on them.
- Prepare Request for Payments for Airlines and Internet Agencies
- Request for Quotations, ensure vendor’s sign L.P. O’s and follow up with the prompt delivery of items.
- Prepare, process and monitor consultancy contracts and eensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures, and co-ordinate due diligence where necessary
- Manage travel requirements of staff and organize international workshops/events
- Effective report and communicate with clients and programs
- Prepare and maintain weekly Procurement Status Report (PSR)
- Ensure the effectiveness of the supply system and appropriate assets management.
- Execute necessary contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, monitoring and other logistics tasks in strong coordination with other respective units.
- Perform other duties and/or tasks assigned supervisor.
- Minimum of First degree in Administration, Supply Chain Management, Management or Business or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices will be an added advantage
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 3 – 4 years progressively responsible experience in procurement, logistics and administrative work. A good experience in supervision is required.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems and practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French are required.
- Familiar with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, ECHO, CIDA etc.)
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player and Integrity
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2017.
- Indicate clearly in the subject line the position you are applying for (in Caps)
- Save your CV with your name before attaching it.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted