Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
- The IT Officer supervises all aspects of IT management and attend to IT issues in both main and sub-offices.
- This includes management of the networks and servers advise on procurement/replacement of computer equipment, procurement/development of systems and software, provision of IT training, backups and protection of data and servers.
- The candidate is expected to be up to date on current technology and able to provide technical leadership and guidance to CARE management on the best IT equipment and technologies that enable the organization to handle its business in most effective and efficient manner.
- Administer and maintain the LAN in the main office and provide the same support for the sub-offices,
- Manage and administrate all the servers (E-mail, gateway, RAS, etc… servers),
- Take the backups of PeopleSoft, Email, HR/Payroll and Users’ files according to the established policy and assist in the entire IT infrastructure design for the country office.
- Oversee and control the VPN and other inter-office network connections,
- Ensure protection and confidentiality of CARE Nigeria’s data, computers, Networks against viruses and physical damage,
- Design and maintain MIS information management and data processing functions and Procedures.
- Supervision of IT functions in the sub-offices to ensure that standards of quality are met,
- Supervise the selection of IT service providers for supplier of maintenance of IT equipment for the sub-offices,
- Organize and train staff to perform the routine IT administration functions in the sub-offices,
- Provide support and guidance for the protection of sub-office data, computers, Networks against viruses and physical damage,
- Provide IT strategy and planning, policy and guidelines for acquisition of hardware and electronic devices,
- Determine and advise on computer equipment procurement for the whole country office.
- Maintain a technical inventory of all computers and accessories of the country office.
- Determine computer-training needs and establish annual training plans,
- Provide preventive maintenance of computer hardware, Troubleshoot and assist/support users,
- Diagnose and repair computer hardware,
- Monitor guarantees and follow up the equipment sent out for repairs
- Manage the division, assist the overall IT management
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of First degree in IT & Computer or Telecommunications Sciences OR a combination of education and work experience.
- A Master’s Degree in a related field will be an added advantage
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 3 – 4 years progressively responsible experience in Network and Windows based servers Administration, Microsoft Exchange server Administration, SQL, Computer equipment maintenance, systems and software development, Web site design and administration and/or directly related area.
- A 5 years progressively responsible experience in Network and Windows based servers Administration, Microsoft Exchange server Administration, SQL Server Administration, systems and software development, Web site design and administration previous experience working with CRYSTAL Report systems, Basic Computer equipment maintenance. Experience in a Development organization.
- Excellent Analytical skill,
- Ability to learn quickly and by him/herself, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction; Ability to multitask and work within deadlines; Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Windows, Exchange, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Front Page & Outlook (or similar software).
- Fluency in both English and French
- Strong Innovation & creativity ability
- Strong conceptual, problem solving, analytical and operational skills,
- Scientific curiosity and openness to ideas and Facilitation skills
- Strong level of autonomy and ability to work independently,
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2017.
- Indicate clearly in the subject line the position you are applying for (in Caps)
- Save your CV with your name before attaching it.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted