Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
- The HR Officer’s main responsibilities are to provide the necessary support to the HR & Admin Manager in the country office.
- His/her key role is to manage all staff data including information on contracts and other related data, support the HR and Admin Manager in administering staff benefit, Recruitment, Orientation and performance management.
- This position maintains a high degree of confidentiality and a strong customer service focus. Using His/her knowledge, the incumbent will deal with customers with high level of maturity, tact and diplomacy.
- The HR Officer must provide excellent customer service, demonstrate initiative, take ownership of responsibilities, and complete projects with positive results.
- Manage all documentation related to the administration of staff contracts, benefits and maintain adequate records of all correspondence
- Prepare offer letters and contracts for new staff
- Maintain a database and monitor expiry dates of all staff contracts and renew as and when necessary;
- Provide employee numbers and open individual files for new employees;
- Monitor staff absence and leave and ensure the filing of appropriate documentation,
- Prepare leave roster and monitor submission of leave authorization forms to Abuja staff and other sub-office staff.
- Ensure accurate filing of all staff related correspondence
- Prepare HR monthly reports and submit to HR and Admin Manager
- Manages and prepares data for Monthly, Weekly and ad hoc reports to the HR and Admin Manager
- Assist the HR and Admin Manager with the Manpower plan for the country office for each FY.
- Ensure there is HR request in place first for all country office recruitments.
- Support Recruiting Managers of projects and departments to prepare job descriptions with competency profiles;
- Receive the recruitment requisition, prepare appropriate vacancy for both internal and external announcement (Advertising) and ensure timely placement of the vacancy announcement in the newspapers.
- Compile and assist with the shortlist of the candidates and invite short listed candidates for interviews.
- Liaise with recruiting managers to prepare interview questions and prepare interview summaries after each interview.
- Participate in Interviews as and when necessary.
- Ensure reference checks are carried out before offer letters are issued out.
- Ensure timely submission of recruitment information to the HR and Admin Manager.
- Assist the HR & Admin Manager in the management of staff benefits
- Regularly and promptly, address queries from managers and staff on their benefits.
- Prepare Payroll and other adjustment to payroll accordingly and share with Finance.
- Organize orientation programs and monitor staff development process for all CARE Nigeria staff
- Ensure the implementation of identified staff training, development activities and Process staff development request
- Manage the process of staff performance planning and management and keep supervisors informed of any delays or irregularities.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts for CARE Nigeria staff
- Manage the process of employee orientation activities and ensure that all employees are thoroughly oriented about CARE.
- Handles the petty cash and the safe
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- A minimum qualification of a first degree in Human Resource, Administration, Management and relevant work experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in Human Resource or administration or any other related areas
- Ability to speak fluent English
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work with deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including, word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook (or similar software)
- Knowledge of databases and skills needed to access & analyze information; basic analytical and statistical skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and operational abilities
- Excellent planning; organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good knowledge of human resource practice, policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Local Labour Law and Strong customer service focus
- Building and nurturing relationships
- Excellence and Commitment
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2017.
- Indicate clearly in the subject line the position you are applying for (in Caps)
- Save your CV with your name before attaching it.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted