Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- The Finance Officer – position is based in the Abuja main office and is responsible for multi-tasking responsibilities including acting as the focal person for all financial issues related to the sub offices, cash and treasury management, and General Ledger .
- The position performs data entry, all banking activities for the country office as well as external funds transfers.
- He / She is to ensure that CARE Nigeria financial policies, regulations and procedures are followed in all financial transactions and the review of project and travel advances (TERs) etc.
- Record all accruals in the GL module of PeopleSoft.
- Ensure all adjustments are recorded in the system on time.
- Petty cash uploads are properly recorded in the system with the correct charging details.
- Month end entries are done timely.
- Act as a backup for the finance assistant when required.
- Perform all treasury management duties in the Country Office
- Record all deposits received in the country office timely.
- Initiate both local and foreign bank transfers and ensure transfers are done on time.
- Send monthly bank statements and fees to the Shared service center.
- Prepare the income information report to HQ.
- Record all donor receipts transferred to the country office.
- Review country office deposits periodically and make the necessary adjustments.
- Record all cash transfers from CARE USA to the country office.
- Respond to all bank reconciliation questions and updates from Shared Service Centre
- Manage the Country Office cash to maximize gains and minimize losses
- Centralize all monthly cash requirements and prepare all cash transfer to CUSA
- Participate in the internal control and review of the Country office books and accounts:
- Prepare monthly sub ledgers for balance sheet account and prepare appropriate correction.
- Review Travel Expense Reports (TERs) of staff and other project advances before they are posted in the system.
- Prepare monthly income tax, withholding tax and pensions contributions of staff for payment to the appropriate pensions funds.
- Reconcile for Tax and pensions accounts and for initiating the necessary adjustment.
- Prepare the provision for severance benefits and other benefits payments (including international staff payments).
- Assist Logistics Officer to reconcile the country office Inventories with the asset account
- Ensure timely preparation of month end and other reports and Act as the WARMU focal person in all finance related issues.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of First degree in Accounting, Finance Management or a combination of education and work experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 3 – 4 years progressively responsible in Accounting, Financial Management of INGO and/or directly related areas
- Excellent Analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software);
- Good knowledge of Accounting practice, policies and procedures
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follows through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player and Integrity
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Familiarity with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, CIDA)
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2017.
- Indicate clearly in the subject line the position you are applying for (in Caps)
- Save your CV with your name before attaching it.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted