Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Officer
- The Administrative Officer’s overall responsibility is to ensure the day to day running of the main office administration in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations, CARE’s policies/procedures and donor requirements where necessary.
- Ensure effective admin support to CARE Programs.
- Reporting to the HR and Admin Manager, s/he is directly in charge of estate, utilities, security, cleaning and supervision of support staff.
- The incumbent will provide support and answers to questions related to administration, counsel and advice, and deal with customers with maturity, tact and diplomacy.
- S/he will also prepare and manage supplies, contracts/support issues for the main office.
- Supervise the maintenance of CARE Nigeria equipment (air conditioners, copiers, fire extinguishers, generators, electric appliances, etc.) through regular service contracts, as appropriate;
- Manage and maintain CARE Nigeria Petty Cash i.e. receive payment orders and prepare payment to be approved and disbursed to the staff and suppliers;
- Monitor equipment repairs’ and initiate preventive maintenance according to schedule;
- Follow-up on specific service/repairs assigned by the Supervisor;
- Monitor the equipment maintenance contracts as well as the contracts with the security agency and other relative venders;
- Ensure that all lease contracts’ terms are respected and renewed on time;
- Advice the HR & Admin Manager on terms and conditions of contracts relating to maintenance of equipment to ensure that payments are made as agreed and on timely manner;
- Assist the expatriate staff in finding of adequate housing according to CARE policy and assist in installations/settlement;
- Support in the movement of personal effects of expatriate staff;
- Participate in the negotiation of premises and other relevant contracts;
- Advice the HR & Admin Manager on office space allotment/ availability;
- Effectively supervise the Office Assistants and other support staff in the performance of their duties;
- Ensure the procurement and regular supply of cleaning items needed for the office are undertaken at all times;
- Ensure that the office space, conference room, the compound and garden are neat and well-kept at all times;
- Ensure appropriate management & protection of properties and asset of CARE Nigeria;
- Ensure effective supply and management of utilities, security service monitoring, delivery and vehicle repairs & maintenance;
- Supervise the provision of utilities (electricity, water, internet service, telephone, waste collection) from the respective companies following established procedures;
- Maintain an overall chart and individual vehicle and generate files showing maintenance schedules, data of insurance renewals, roadworthiness certificates, ECOWAS brown cards, etc;
- Ensure that new vehicles are correctly registered, insured, etc. and initiate the process of renewal of documentation as required and keep a records of annual fleet renewal documentation and process renewals accordingly;
- Analyze data on vehicle use and cost, submit a monthly report to the HR & Admin Manager on a monthly, weekly or as and when required for management;
- Provide adequate information on fleet with appropriate recommendations for maintenance and renewal of the fleet;
- Ensure timely renewal of Care’s certification/permits in the country;
- Implement tools and systems for smooth and efficient administrative processes for all care Nigeria offices and international functions hosted in the country;
- Supervise maintenance of CARE’s filing system and ensure that all necessary files are well-classified and kept in order.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum of First degree in Administration, Management or Business or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 3 – 4 years progressively responsible experience in administrative work, Staff supervisor, vehicle maintenance, and property management experience.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization
- Excellent Analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software);
- Good knowledge of Administrative systems and practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English is essential and working knowledge of French is required.
- Familiarity with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, CIDA)
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follows through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player and Integrity
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2017.
- Indicate clearly in the subject line the position you are applying for (in Caps)
- Save your CV with your name before attaching it.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted