Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Assistant (Secretary)
- As part of the CARE administration team, the Admin Assistant position undertakes and completes all administration tasks and requirements, provides support to staff, to programs, and to implement administration team projects.
- The position will report to the Admin Officer but will support the CARE management team as well.
- Answering telephone, taking the messages, greeting guests, handling inwards and outgoing mail and faxes, making international phone calls and make sure of recording all the mails & faxes in daily record books
- Maintain and update all CARE contact list (staff contact, donor and partners)
- Keep record of stationary usage for monthly orders (photocopy paper, flipchart paper, stationary for workshops and for the office)
- Record all mail and faxes in a daily record book
- Update information on staff attendance
- Provide back-up support to the program support staff in general office work
- Maintain and organize stationary cabinet, replenishing it as needed
- Make sure that all forms in the pigeon holes are always available and updated
- Archive and maintain library
- Type documents and input data as required
- Photocopy and bind documents as required
- Assist the Administrative Officer in organizing supplies needed for the events (stationary, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
- Ensure a clean and efficient working area and ensure a cooperative and supportive working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent field OR a combination of education and work experience.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in handling office administration
- Experience in filing and safeguarding important documents
- Experience to manage and reconcile petty cash
- Ability to learn quickly and by him/herself, good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and strong team player
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2017.
- Indicate clearly in the subject line the position you are applying for (in Caps)
- Save your CV with your name before attaching it.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted