Discovery Cycle Professionals, is a global network of Experienced Consultants, Academics, and Technocrats assembled to provide world-class Knowledge-Based Services globally. DCP has diverse experience across different professional fields and offers a wide-range of multi-disciplinary professional services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist –Tax, Audit & Technical Services
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Reports to: IGR Project Manager
- Management of the Tax, Revenue Compliance Audit Unit Team to ensure that its operations are in consistency with the objectives and requirements of assigned tasks.
Role and Task Complexities:
- Manage the Tax and Audit team’s operations.
- Develop work plans, programs and schedules, including setting objectives, standards and performance expectations for the team
- Develops audit work plans, programs and schedules, including setting objectives, standards and performance expectations for approval by the supervisor
- Analyzes audit approaches to ensure appropriateness, efficiency and effectiveness of audit performance.
- Conducts specialized tax audits and ensures that the audits are prepared in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS).
- Conducts interviews with taxpayers and/or their professional representatives to discuss audit findings and resulting assessments
- Reports on audit findings, significant issues, observations, recommendations, etc. including identifying patterns of non-compliance and areas for additional audit
- Develops risk assessment criteria and audit work plans
- Researches and interprets difficult taxation statutes including case law and provides explanations in accordance with policy and rulings, outlines material issues, describes the proposed tax treatments and illustrates potential tax effect of proposed adjustments to taxpayers and/or their representatives
- Evaluates additional information received from the taxpayers and negotiates solutions with chief financial officers, tax professionals, appraisers and senior management
- Collate daily report from Support Staff
- Perform various other duties as assigned
- Idea Generation
- Developing independent ideas to ensure DCP’s vision is actualized.
- B Sc., M Sc. in Accounting, Finance or a business related field
- Membership in accounting bodies such as ACCA is an added advantage.
- 10-15 years’ experience in Tax, Compliance Audit and Accounting functions
Knowledge and Competences:
- Experience in financial data reporting and audit coordination.
- Experienced as a public speaker on specialist area.
- Experience in financial data reporting and audit coordination
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of varied backgrounds and skill levels
- Must be IT literate and proficient in MS Office packages
- Interpersonal skills to deal with staff, other professionals, and taxpayers.
- Must be able to work well under pressure both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong number skills.
- To be able to manage people and resources.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Project management skills
- Must be able to operate in a performance driven organization.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Time management skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Other transferable skills.
- Capable legal researcher.
- Good writing skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- A willingness to be flexible according to the current demands of the organization.
- Analytic, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Continual self-development.
- Goal and quality oriented.
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self and subordinate development
- Goal and quality orientation
- Ethically driven.
- Excellence and quality oriented.
- Remarkable attention to detail.
- Must be discreet and able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and efficient, with good judgment.
- Resourceful and efficient in completing tasks with strong follow through skills.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application (CV and cover letter with the Job Title as Subject) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org