Discovery Cycle Professionals is a global network of experienced consultants, academics, and technocrats assembled to provide world-class knowledge-based services globally. DCP has diverse experience across different professional fields and offers a wide-range of multi-disciplinary professional services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern, Tax and Revenue Compliance Audit
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Team: Tax and Revenue Compliance Audit
Duration: The internship programme is for 3 months
- To provide all necessary support needed for the smooth implementation of the projects in the Tax and Revenue Compliance Audit Unit.
Role and Task Complexities
- Report to the Team Leads as may be assigned
- Assist to carry out Tax Audit exercise and generate relevant reports of companies and institutions as assigned.
- Participate in Tax Payers Data Gathering and Tax Net Expansion.
- Provide field support for direct assessment drives.
- Provide assistance in revenue reconciliations and reporting
- Provide support and guidance to tax payers in preparing and submitting tax returns, and any other necessary form(s).
- Provide support and guidance to tax payers on use and application of on-line means of tax filling and remittances
- Prepare, distribute and update reports on the status of the program to various target audiences.
- Work as a team to Provide support to the tax and revenue compliance audit and collection team
- Assist to complete other tax compliance, tax projects, tax research, tax issues and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary
- Prepare other accounts and financial records as may be assigned.
- Undertakes other duties/projects which may be required from time to time.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- B Sc./HND in Accounting, Finance or a Business related field
- 1-3years experience in an accounting or business related role.
Knowledge & Competencies:
- Interpersonal skills to deal with staff, other professionals, and taxpayers.
- Customer service skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Strong numerical skills.
- To be able to manage people and resources.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Basic IT skills
- Telephone skills.
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self-development
- Goal and quality orientation
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (CV and cover letter with the Job Title as Subject) to: firstname.lastname@example.org