Discovery Cycle Professionals (A Division of Discovery Cycle Limited) is a global network of experienced academics and consultants assembled to provide world-class knowledge-based services globally. DCP has diverse experience across different professional fields and offers a wide-range of multi-disciplinary professional services. DCP has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. Over the years, DCP has developed a wide range of multi-disciplinary professional services covering both the private and public sectors of the economy through the “DCP Ecosystem”.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Intern, Legal Division
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Reports To: Project Lead
Duration: The internship programme is for 3 months.
- Ensure the organization complies with standard financial and legal practice and regulations, maintains high standards of corporate governance and ensure the companies actions, products etc. are in compliance with the law.
Role 1: Legal:
- Provide legal counsel to DCP in relation to new ventures, projects, partnerships etc. by assisting in due diligence, structuring of the transaction, drafting key agreements and term sheets and manage external legal counsel to the extent they are involved in specific matters.
- Provide legal counsel to the company in relation to existing operations including but not limited to, negotiation, drafting and review of contracts, license agreements, and regional or country specific legal issues.
- Support the implementation of efficient corporate and subsidiary structures.
- Advise Company on best practice corporate governance requirements.
- Review and opine on policies and legal implications of such policies on the Company and its operations.
- Draft Laws to govern the company structure as well as Bills as may arise during project implementation.
- Ensure all legal processes are in compliance with the Companies and Allied Matters Act, Company’s Code of Business Ethics and International Consultancy Standards
- Ensure the safe keeping of all Company registers as is required by CAMA as well as company documents.
- Correspond with Partners, Consultants, Specialists, etc. on behalf of the Company.
- Ensure proper protection of company and clients’ company from misfortune by anticipating and helping to circumvent avoidable problems
- Keep the Management and Staff of DCP up to date on new business laws and regulations on Sector opportunities per time as will be identified.
- Provides advice on labor relations, employee contracts, tax issues, employee injury, patents and contracts with clients/employees/DCP vendors
- Drafting agreement as required for new and existing contacts/clients/vendors.
- Liaise with clients both of the private and public sector.
Organizational Resource Development:
- Develop learning and development plans and impact assessment systems for DCP staff to ensure personal development
- Develop proposals and detailed implementation framework for clients
- Monitor and analyze evaluations for all learning programmes and projects
- Amend and revise training programmes as necessary in order to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment for DCP and other clients
- Liaising with resource persons (internal & external) for Learning and development programs
- Manage recruitment processes as may be required
- Perform other functions and manage diverse projects as assigned by supervisor
- Idea Generation
- Develop ideas to ensure DCP’s vision & strategic plan is actualized
- Map out strategies for the implementation of those ideas.
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills
- Research & analytical skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- A willingness to be flexible according to the current demands of the organisation.
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self-development
- Goal and quality orientation.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (CV’s and cover letter with the Job Title as Subject) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org