McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that serves private and public companies, governments, not-for-profits and non-governmental organizations. We have 30 industry and functional practices and six new client service areas, including McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey Implementation.
Our more than 9,000 consultants and 2,000 knowledge professionals speak nearly 130 languages and work in 107 locations in more than 60 countries. They hail from all backgrounds including medicine, engineering, civil service, entrepreneurship, science, business, professional athletics, art, and linguistics.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Gender & Social Inclusion Expert – Nigeria Infrastructure Programme
Who You’ll Work With
- You will work on our Nigeria Infrastructure Programme and will be based in Lagos.
- Building on the success of the two earlier phases, the programme will provide high quality embedded and short-term expertise to Nigerian government and regulatory counterparts to support improved delivery of infrastructure services.
- We will only contact eligible candidates for interview. No phone calls please. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.
What You’ll Do
- You will ensure social and gender issues are considered early on in prioritising activities, and develop rigorous approaches to monitoring how the programme impacts various groups.
- You will work to strengthen the use of evidence in selection of activities and presentation of results.
- You will establish a monitoring framework for poverty impacts, and a process for screening interventions for opportunities to include pro-poor, gender and social inclusion work.
- You will coordinate with and support the Monitoring, Reporting and Learning (MRL) Lead in establishing and implementing gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting systems.
- You will also be responsible for developing the data collection and analysis tools for the baseline assessment to guarantee gender and social inclusion considerations.
- University Degree in Gender Studies, Sociology, International Development or related field required.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience working on gender and social inclusion issues within development programs
- Knowledge and experience working with donors (DFID, USAID, WB, EC)
- Excellent knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues in Nigeria including social, political, and cultural gender norms and challenges.
- Experience designing, leading and conducting gender and social inclusion analyses, as well as integrating and implementing findings into programme design
- Experience building capacity of local stakeholders on gender and social inclusion issues
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory and organisational skills
- Experience engaging local stakeholders, including national government leaders in gender and social inclusion initiatives
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online