McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that serves private and public companies, governments, not-for-profits and non-governmental organizations. We have 30 industry and functional practices and six new client service areas, including McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey Implementation.
Our more than 9,000 consultants and 2,000 knowledge professionals speak nearly 130 languages and work in 107 locations in more than 60 countries. They hail from all backgrounds including medicine, engineering, civil service, entrepreneurship, science, business, professional athletics, art, and linguistics.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Team Leader – Nigeria Infrastructure Programme
Who You’ll Work With
- You will work on our Nigeria Infrastructure Programme and will be based in Lagos.
- Building on the success of the two earlier phases, the programme will provide high quality embedded and short-term expertise to Nigerian government and regulatory counterparts to support improved delivery of infrastructure services.
- We will only contact eligible candidates for interview. No phone calls please. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.
What You’ll Do
- You will work with project team leads to monitor and execute deliverables in addition to providing ongoing support for respective project teams in urban development, trade logistics energy, and cross cutting.
- You will define detailed responsibilities of the Project Management Unit and provide technical and managerial leadership in the development of the programme’s annual action plan and implementation.
- You will build relations with various government entities during the inception stage to increase awareness of the programme. You will be responsible for setting up infrastructure for programme’s daily operations.
- You will produce inception reports detailing the set up of a governance structure, management and communication arrangements within the project. You will maintain full financial records and prepare quarterly and financial reports. You will maintain a contract execution tracking log, as well as coordinate planning and monitoring of project activities.
- You will work to ensure effective budget and programme monitoring and that any modifications are in line with the project objectives, as well as prepare quarterly and annual progress reports. You will support the risk expert in developing simplified indicators and formats for monitoring of risk and value for money. Throughout the programme, you will provide on-going leadership, capability building and mentorship.
- You will also manage relationships with, and provide progress updates to key stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in the area of Power, Infrastructure, Capital Project or PPPs
- 20+ years of professional experience, including 8-10 years of experience supporting a large successful infrastructure project
- Track record directing large teams and development of project delivery solutions
- Management experience of large, multi-stakeholder projects preferably with donor agencies
- Management and technical experience working with implementing partners on programme’s key areas
- Previous experience working in Nigeria, with strong connections with stakeholders active in the programme’s space is an asset
- Previous experience supporting donor funded programmes is highly preferred and evidence of demonstrated impact
- Proven experience of managing relationships in complex organisations with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communications and people skills
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online