The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Assistant
Location: Head Office, Abuja
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate: Administration & Finance
Grade/Step : G4-1
Duration: One year Contract
Supervisor: Facility Manager & Transport Officer
Objective of Position
- To assist the Facility Manager by operating all conference and video equipment to ensure the successful conduct of meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates of conference equipment in the Parliament or any other venue of a meeting.
- Records and distributes parliamentary debates to designated stakeholders as instructed.
- Diagnoses and resolves audio, video and voting systems problems and generally ensure the proper functioning of all conference equipment.
- Reports any technical fault to the Facility Manager or the Technician for redress.
- Maintains a collaborative working relationship with the Interpreters during meetings to ensure optimal technical support for their work.
- Trade Test Certificate in Electricals, Computer Technician or related field.
- Five (5) years working experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies.
- General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their CV’s.