The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Assistant, G4
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate: Directorate of Administration & Finance
Supervisor: Chief Security Officer
Objective of Position
- To assist the Chief Security Officer in supervising security personnel to protect life and property in the office premises and other properties and facilities of the Parliament.
Duties and Responsibiliites
- Under the supervision of the Chief Security Officer, the Security Assistant performs the following functions:
- Assists the Chief Security Officer in deploying Security Guards to give security cover to all sensitive points on the premises and other facilities.
- Assists in supervising and managing Security Guards by planning shifts and leave roaster to ensure adequate rest and effective performance by the men.
- Assists in operating an effective communication system to facilitate coordination among team members in dealing with any security situation on hand.
- Assists in supervising parking within the office premises.
- Assists in maintaining active contact with security services such as the Police Service and the Fire Service as well as the paramedical services to be able to deal with any emergency beyond the control of the Security Unit.
- Assists in giving training and security/safety information to staff members and other users of the office premises.
- Assists in investigating cases of security breaches within the office premises and/or other facilities.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- A minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma in Administration and a Certificate in Crime Prevention is required.
- Five (5) years post qualification working experience in the provision of security services. Retired Military, Police or other security personnel from the rank of Sergeant and above are eligible.
- The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies. General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution. In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2107.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: email@example.com with their CV’s.