The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate: Parliamentary Affairs & Research
Duration: One Year Contract
Supervisor: Principal Research Officer
Objective of Position
- To assist the Principal Research Officer in providing research services to the Parliament.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Principal Research Officer, the Research Assistant performs the following functions:
- Assists in conducting research in support of the work of the Parliament or its Committees.
- Maintains records of data and information for policy formulation and for inclusion in fact sheets.
- Assists in compiling relevant statistics for publication.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma in any field related to research.
- Five (5) years working experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies. General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their CV’s.