The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Location: Head Office, Abuja
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate : Administration & Finance
Duration: One year contract
Supervisor: Principal Administrative Officer
Objective Of Position
- To answer face-to-face enquiries at the front desk and co-ordinate in-coming and out-going telephone calls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives visitors to the Parliament at the front desk;
- Answers enquiries or re-directs enquirers to the appropriate sources of information;
- Receives and passes on messages from visitors to staff members and vice versa;
- Maintains a visitors’ register and keeps track of visitors to the Parliament.
- Observes the behaviour of visitors and alerts the Security and Management of any suspicious behaviour on the part of visitors;
- Receives and makes official telephone calls for the Parliament;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by Management.
- A minimum of a West African School Certificate or equivalent certificate in an administrative speciality.
- Four (4) years relevant work experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies.
- General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
- The position is on Grade G2-1 with an Annual Salary of UA4,947, equivalent to US$7,805.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: email@example.com with their CV’s.