The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protocol Assistant
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate : Administration & Finance
Duration: One year contract
Supervisor: Chief Protocol Officer
Objective Of Position
- To assist in delivering Protocol services within the Parliament.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Protocol Officer, the Protocol Assistant performs the following functions:
- Assists in making travel arrangements for Members of Parliament and staff members, including arrangements for visas and tickets.
- Assists in receiving Members of Parliament, guests and staff members on arrival or in transit at the airport, including arranging for transport to pick them up and making hotel arrangements where necessary.
- Assists in processing applications for Laissez-passers/Passports for Members of Parliament, staff members and their dependants.
- Assists internationally-recruited staff members in applying for residence permits from the Immigration Service.
- Assists in establishing contact with diplomatic missions, government ministries and offices where necessary.
- Assists in making arrangements for events such as receptions, dinners, award ceremonies.
- Assists in delivering documents and other information to participants of meetings at their hotels.
- Accompanies and assists Members of Parliament and guests of the Parliament in accessing medical services and recreational and cultural facilities such as restaurants, markets, tourist facilities.
- A minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma.
- Five (5) years working experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies.
- General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their CV’s.