The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Library Assistant, G4
Location: Head Office, Abuja
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate : Parliamentary Affairs & Research
Duration: One year Contract
Objective Of Position
- To assist in providing and maintaining excellent library services to support the work of the Parliament.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining reading materials and general library records in organized shelves and other storage formats;
- Assists in providing reference information and cataloguing and search services to help users in accessing and retrieving desired materials
- Assists in preserving the quality of reading materials and other library resources
- Assists in monitoring the usage of library materials and identifying user interests
- Assists in taking inventory of library resources and stocking the library
- Assist in circulation duties in the library
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of a West African School Certificate or equivalent certificate in an administrative specialty.
- Five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies. General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution. In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
- The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their CV’s.