The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Language Assistant
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate: Parliamentary Affairs & Research
Grade/Step : G4-1
Duration: One Year Contract
Objective of Position
- To assist the Head of Division in co-ordinating language services in support of the work of the Parliament.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives on behalf of the Division all documents intended for translation.
- Registers documents received and transfers them to the appropriate officer for action.
- Keeps record of all documents translated for future reference.
- Transmits documents translated to the requesting source.
- Assists in preparing contracts for hired Translators and Interpreters.
- Performs any other functions as may be assigned from time-to-time.
- A minimum of a West African School Certificate or equivalent certificate in an Administrative speciality.
- Five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies. General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: email@example.com with their CV’s.