The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Clerk
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate: Administration & Finance
Grade/Step : G2-1
Duration: One year contract
Supervisor: Human Resource Officer
Objective of Position
- To assist with clerical duties in the Human Resource Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Human Resource Officer, the Human Resource Clerk performs the following functions:
- Maintains personal files for all staff members;
- Compiles an annual leave roaster and maintains leave records of all staff members.
- Compiles hospital bills for payment and for notification of staff members on their medical bills;
- Assists in co-ordinating the affairs of interns and National Youth Service Corps personnel;
- Assists in drafting administrative memos, circulars, letters as and when assigned;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of a West African School Certificate or equivalent certificate in an Administrative speciality.
- Three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies. General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
The position is on Grade G2-1 with an Annual Salary of UA4,947, equivalent to US$7,805.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their CV’s.