The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Management & Transport Officer
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate: Directorate Of Administration And Finance
Supervisor: Director of Administration & Finance
Supervising: Technician & Technical Assistants, Chief Security Officer, Drivers, Cleaner
Objective of Position
- To maintain the estate and facilities of the Parliament, ensure security and manage the transport fleet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as contact person in matters relating to the management, maintenance, re-modelling and security of Parliament’s Secretariat.
- Co-ordinates and executes all engineering works on properties of the Parliament in the fields of civil, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Liaises with the Headquarters Landlord regarding maintenance contracts, re-modelling projects and building safety. Evaluates insurance arrangements at the Headquarters building. Investigates and reports on problems or potential problems relating to building safety and security. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Monitors the execution of contracts signed with various service providers for the maintenance of the Headquarters building and its premises.
- Prepares drawings for minor works undertaken by Community Institutions.
- Advises on the allocation of office accommodation and equipment.
- Monitors and analyses the cost of utility services, especially from shared facilities such as stand-by generators, to ensure value for money for the Parliament.
- Responsible for matters relating to security within the Headquarters building and any other building used by the Parliament. Ensures the safety of persons, equipment and assets of the Institution in these premises. Supervises all security personnel posted to the Parliament from the Nigeria Police, the Nigeria Legion or any other security institution.
- Manages the transport fleet of the Parliament. Responsible for vehicle registration, insurance, fuelling and maintenance. Supervises the Drivers, assigns them and monitors all vehicle movements and vehicle performance by analysing their individual log books.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by superior officers.
Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Seven (7) years relevant post qualification working experience is required. For holders of higher degrees, five (5) years will be sufficient.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
The position is on Grade P4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA28,499, equivalent to US$44,966.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: email@example.com with their CV’s.