The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate: Administration & Finance
Grade/Step : G1-1
Duration: One year contract
Supervisor: Facility Manager & Trasport Officer
Objective of Position
- To assist in the safe and timely movement of Members of Parliament, guests of the Parliament and members of staff in the performance of their duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives official vehicle in execution of assignments given;
- Maintains an up-to-date log book of all movements of the vehicle;
- Ensures the safety of passengers by adhering to all safety requirements;
- Conducts basic checks on the vehicle and promptly reports any fault for attention;
- Notes the due dates for maintenance as well as the expiry dates of insurance and road-worthiness and notifies the Transport Officer for necessary action;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of a professional Driver’s License and Trade Test Certificate Class One.
- A minimum of two (2) years driving experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies. General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
The position is on Grade G1-1 with an Annual Salary of UA3,959, equivalent to US$6,247.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their CV’s.