The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bilingual Secretary
Location: Head Office, Abuja
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate: Directorate of Administration & Finance
Grade/Step : G4-1
Duration: One year Contract
Supervisor: Director of Administration & Finance
Objective of Position
- To assist the Director in the efficient management of his/her office, time and schedule
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Director in keeping a schedule of work of the Department, monitoring deadlines and issuing reminders;
- Assists the Director in communicating with and co-ordinating the work of the Departmental team;
- Drafts/prepares/types reports, memos and general correspondence for the Department in English and French;
- Keeps records of important files and documents of the Department and make them available for reference as and when needed;
- Takes minutes of meetings within the Department;
- Maintains a register of movement of files and documents into and out of the Director’s office;
- Books and schedules appointments for the Director;
- Receives and guides visitors to the Department;
- Takes dictations and transcribes in English and French;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of an A Level or an Ordinary National Diploma in Bilingual Secretaryship.
- Five (5) years working experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies.
- General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their CV’s.